My massage-healing work is unusual in that it incorporates modalities from several disciplines and practices. I have trained in Esalen, Swedish, deep-tissue, and orthopedic massage, and am certified as a practitioner in Somatic Experiencing (SE).
There's more about me and SE work under "Angelika Kasten" at http://www.traumahealing.com/
I use music, Aikido (a gentle martial art), and my love of poetry. Here's one of my favorites:
Cast All of Your Votes for Dancing -- Hafiz
I know the voice of depression still calls to you.
I know those habits that can ruin your life still send their invitations.
But you are with the Friend now and look so much stronger.
You can stay that way and even bloom! . . .
O keep squeezing drops of the Sun from your prayers and work and music
and from your companion’s beautiful laughter
and from the most insignificant movements of your own holy body.
Now, sweet one, be wise.
Cast all your votes for Dancing!
-- Hafiz, 1320-1389
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment